Add to Dictionary
ASPNetSpell - The Spell Checker for ASP.Net Web Applications > Add To Dictionary
- 1.1 Where are words that users "Add To Dictionary" Stored?
- 1.2 Developer - Adding words to the dictionary
Where are words that users "Add To Dictionary" Stored?
By default - all words are stored in the users browser cache - and no-one else is affected.
Where are 'added' words stored
Look at the AddWordsToDictionary property of your SpellButton or SpellTextArea.
- 'User' saves locally for 1 user only. Words are saved in cookies.
- 'None' disables the feature and removes the button
- 'Server' saves centrally on your server and affects all other users. Words are saved in ~/ASPNetSpellInclude/dictionaries/custom.txt
To allow 'Server' dictionary entries to be written - add: to web.configSourceCode:
<appSettings> .... <add key="aspnetspell_usecentraldictionary" value="True" />
Developer - Adding words to the dictionary
The words are stored in accordance with the AddWordsToDictionary property of the last ASPNetSPell control on your web page/form.
Adding New Words Manually:
- Add 1 word per line to ~/AspNetSpellInclude/Dictionaries/custom.txt
Removing Words Manually:
- Add 1 word per line to ~/AspNetSpellInclude/Dictionaries/language-rules/banned-words.txt
Make or Modify a Dictionary
You can download the Dictionary Encoder Application to create your own .dic dictionary files.